It’s essential to change the filters in your HVAC system regularly to ensure your air conditioner and heating system are operating effectively and efficiently. Call StoneBridge Heating & Air Conditioning for filter replacement services in Tyler, TX. We offer straightforward pricing!
If your house is hot even with the AC running, or if your unit produces a musty odor, contact us to learn about our evaporator coil services.
Risks of Failing To Replace Your Filters
It might seem like a minor task, but it’s essential to replace your filters regularly to keep your HVAC system running efficiently. Failing to change the filters can have the following impacts:
- Lower indoor air quality in your property. Filters remove allergens and debris, and if these are full they cannot effectively remove the contaminants from the air.
- Inadequate airflow. If the filters are clogged they may not allow air to move as expected.
- Risk of breakdowns. The system may overwork if the filters are clogged, causing more wear and tear than is needed.
- Higher repair costs. If your unit is working harder than it needs to, it can result in more frequent repairs.
- Inefficient unit. If the system is overworked, it can use more energy to keep your home at the ideal temperature, resulting in higher utility bills.
How Often Should Filters Be Replaced?
It’s important to change your filters regularly. Some general guidelines to follow as to how often can include:
- Change every six months if you don’t have a pet.
- Replace every three months if you live in an urban area, due to potential air quality issues.
- Change every two months if you have a pet.
- Replace every month if you or anyone in your household has pet allergies.
- Replace more often during periods of extended AC use, such as the heat of summer.
Is there moisture leaking from your AC unit? It could be refrigerant. Call us for AC refrigerant leak repairs in Tyler.
Benefits of Replacing Filters Regularly
Replacing your furnace and AC filters regularly can have many benefits for your household. Some of the advantages can include:
- Improved indoor air quality, which can enhance your household’s health.
- Lower utility bills as the unit can work more efficiently.
- Increased lifespan of your unit as it can endure less wear and tear.
- Reduced dust around your home as the filters can help collect it before it travels through the air.