It’s no secret Texas gets hot and humid in the summer months. You can remove the excess humidity with a dehumidifier. Call StoneBridge Heating & Air Conditioning for dehumidifier installations and repairs in Tyler, TX. We offer top-of-the-line customer service.
How clean is the air in your house? Contact us to learn about our air cleaner and filtration services.
Benefits of Installing a Dehumidifier in Your Home
If you have excess humidity in your home, you can remove it with a dehumidifier. Some of the advantages of installing a unit in your property can include:
- Eliminate clammy skin. This condition can occur when the inside of your home is cold and the humidity is high.
- Reduce high levels of humidity. This can prevent mold and bacteria from growing.
- Remove humidity left by the air conditioner.
- Eliminate musty odors, mildew, mold, stuffy air, and condensation.
- Lower your monthly utility bills by taking the extra strain off of the unit.
Common Dehumidifier Problems
Like all appliances in your home, occasionally your dehumidifier might encounter issues that need to be repaired. Some common issues can include:
- Your unit doesn’t turn on. This can indicate a blown electrical circuit or other issues that should be inspected by a professional.
- Your system’s reservoir is full. This can prevent it from turning on.
- Your unit’s evaporator coils are frozen. This can signal that the room temperature is too low for the system, and should be checked by a technician.
- Your unit has a refrigerant leak. This should be inspected and repaired by a contractor, as refrigerants can be dangerous to handle.
Control the temperature of your house from wherever you are. Contact us to learn about our smart home thermostat services.
Ways To Keep Your Dehumidifier Properly Maintained
You need to perform regular maintenance on your dehumidifier to ensure it works correctly and eliminates extra humidity from your house. Some tasks you should perform are:
- Change the filter often. This can help remove harmful particles from the air.
- Inspect the condenser coils regularly.
- Clean the exhaust and intake grills.