Is the cool air produced by your air conditioner not being properly circulated throughout your house? It could be due to a malfunctioning air handler. When this component breaks down, your house may be uncomfortable. To schedule air handler repairs and replacements, call StoneBridge Heating & Air Conditioning. We send trustworthy technicians to your house.
Is your AC unit leaking moisture? Have it inspected by a professional. Call us to schedule air conditioning repairs.
Why Air Handlers Play an Important Role in Your AC System
The air handler plays a crucial role in your air conditioning system. Some functions it performs are:
- It helps regulate and circulate the airflow from the AC unit.
- It directs air through the heating and cooling systems.
- It pushes air through at pre-calculated rates, based on the system size and area that needs to be heated or cooled.
- It regulates the circulation rate.
Benefits of Timely Air Handler Replacement
When your air handler malfunctions, it’s important to have it repaired quickly. Some benefits to replacing your unit as soon as possible include:
- Not having to shut down your air conditioner or furnace, leaving you with an absence of cool or warm air.
- Protecting other parts of your heating or cooling system from deteriorating.
- Avoiding larger, more costly repairs that a malfunctioning air handler can cause.
- Providing better indoor air quality by properly circulating the air.
Is there a musty odor in your house when your AC unit is running? Learn about our evaporator coil services in Tyler.
Common Problems With Air Handlers
Occasionally, your air handler may require professional repairs. Some common issues you might encounter include:
- Clogged air filters. These can require your unit to work harder than it needs to.
- Cooling coils that are clogged by dirt and dust. This can cause your system to malfunction.
- Worn or faulty fan belts. These need to be replaced to ensure your system is functioning properly.
- A burnt-out blower motor. A professional can inspect the issue and make the repair.