Maximize the climate control in your house with a smart home thermostat. This thermostat allows you to monitor the temperature of your house from wherever you are – even when you are away from home – from your mobile device. Call StoneBridge Heating & Air Conditioning for WiFi smart home thermostat installation services in Tyler, TX. We guarantee 100% satisfaction with every job!
Keep your air ducts clean and ensure there are no leaks when you contact us to schedule air duct cleaning and repair services.
What Is a Smart Home Thermostat?
The arrival of smart home thermostats gives you many more options to control the temperature in your house. These WiFi-connected units let you schedule the thermostat to increase or decrease the temperature when you’re not home and have it return to the desired temperature when you return. This lets you have ultimate control over the indoor climate in your house.
What Common Thermostat Issues Mean
While smart thermostats give you more control over the temperature in your home, they might also encounter some common problems you will need to troubleshoot. Some issues you might experience can include:
- A server outage or software issue: Your device may go offline suddenly if there is a server outage or a bug in the software system. This can prevent you from adjusting the temperature settings remotely until the issue is resolved.
- Your older HVAC system doesn’t have a C wire: The C wire is dedicated to charging your smart thermostat and is required to enable the device to work without stealing power from your heating or cooling system. Older HVAC units might not have this wire, which can cause your system to malfunction as the thermostat steals power from the unit. To resolve this, have a professional install a C wire so the thermostat and HVAC system can function properly.
- Dead battery: If the device doesn’t get enough power from the HVAC system, it can cause its battery to go dead. The battery can also malfunction if a software update fails. Have a professional inspect the wiring to ensure the device is getting enough power.
Do you often forget to change your filters? Contact us to learn about our filter replacement services in Tyler.
Benefits of Upgrading to a New Thermostat
Adding a smart thermostat to your home can have many advantages. These can include:
- Add password protection to the unit so you can prevent your kids from changing the temperature unexpectedly.
- Program it to various temperatures based on different times of the day so you’re not wasting energy while you’re away from home.
- Connect your home thermostat to your smartphone, allowing you to control the temperature remotely from your device.
- Decrease your monthly utility bills by better controlling the temperature in your home.