Are you curious what the System Efficiency Rating on your AC unit means? This indicates how well the unit converts its electrical power into cooling output. The higher the number, the more efficient the system is, meaning it wastes less energy and costs less to run.
Is your furnace not turning on, even though the temperature in your house is below the setting on your thermostat? This can be due to several issues, including a problem with a sensor. If your furnace is not turning on, call StoneBridge Heating & Air Conditioning to schedule services.
When buying a new air conditioner, one of the first decisions you will need to make is what sized unit to purchase. One of the main factors can be the square footage of your home - combined with the heat gain/loss and environmental circumstances you need to account for. Our experts will help you determine exactly what sized unit you need for your property to ensure you purchase the right system.
Is your air conditioner running, but your house still feels warm? If your unit is blowing out warm or room-temperature air, it can indicate that you need to recharge the refrigerant in your AC system. Call us to have our experts inspect your system and check your refrigerant levels.
It can be difficult to know when you should stop repairing your air conditioner and instead install a new system. Some signs that can indicate you should install a new unit can include if your utility bills are rising, if your house is not cooling to the set temperature, if the system is leaking, if the unit is making odd noises, and if you’ve made several repairs on the unit recently.
When your air conditioner or heating system malfunctions, it can be difficult to know when the problem is caused by something you can fix yourself, or if you need professional help. Some tasks you can try before booking an appointment with an expert are:
- Check your thermostat to make sure it is on.
- If your furnace is malfunctioning, check to see if the light at the front of the furnace is green. If it is, continue to troubleshoot. If it’s red, then you need to call for repairs.
- Check to see if a circuit breaker was tripped.
- Inspect the filter and see if it needs to be changed.
- Make sure the furnace door is closed.
- Ensure the vents are free of leaves and other debris.
- If your air conditioner is acting up, check the condenser to see if it’s running.
It’s important to change your AC unit or furnace’s filter regularly to ensure it operates correctly. Some guidelines to follow to determine how often you should change the filter are:
- Change the filter every six months for households without pets.
- Replace it every three months if you live in an urban area.
- Change it at least every two months if you have a pet.
- Replace the filter each month if anyone in your household has a pet allergy.
- Replace the filter more often during times of heavy use.
When you need heating or cooling repairs, call StoneBridge Heating & Air Conditioning at (903) 508-5507 to schedule services in Smith County. We provide 24-hour services.