While we might be used to the heat in Texas, it doesn’t mean we want to be uncomfortable in our house all summer. Ensure your air conditioner is up to the task of keeping your house cool and comfortable all summer by scheduling AC repairs, maintenance, and replacements in Tyler, TX when you call our experts at StoneBridge Heating & Air Conditioning. We offer top-of-the-line customer service with every appointment!
We offer the following cooling services:
- Emergency AC Repair
- Air Conditioning Repair & Maintenance
- Air Conditioning Installation & Replacement
- Filter Replacement
- Air Handler Services
- Evaporator Coil Services
- AC Refrigerant Leak Repair
- Air Duct Cleaning & Repair
- Air Cleaners & Filtration
- Smart Home Thermostats
- Commercial HVAC
Are you ready to replace your aging AC unit? Leave the work to our professionals. Call us for air conditioning installation services in Tyler.
Signs You Need To Replace Your Air Conditioner
When your air conditioner malfunctions, it can be difficult to determine if it needs to be repaired, or if you need to install a whole new system. Some signs that can indicate you need a new system installed include:
- Age: If your unit is older than 15 years old and nearing the end of its life expectancy.
- High utility bills: If your system is working harder than it needs to cool your home, resulting in higher energy bills.
- Less effective: If your property is no longer reaching the desired temperature or the setting on the thermostat.
- Multiple repairs: If your unit needs multiple repairs.
- Major repair: If you need a major or costly repair, such as a new motor or compressor.
- Leaks: If your unit is leaking.
- Noises: If you hear strange sounds coming from the system, which can signal an issue with your motor.
How To Save Money on Cooling Costs
Keeping your house at an ideal temperature all summer can cause your utility bills to rise. You can reduce your bills by using these tips to save on your cooling costs:
- Check your property’s insulation to make sure it’s keeping the cool air in and the hot air out.
- Replace the air filters at least every three months to keep the unit running efficiently.
- Schedule a tune-up with a professional at least once a year.
- Install a programmable thermostat to better control your indoor temperature.
- Reduce your thermostat by a few degrees. It will save energy, and you are unlikely to notice the difference.
- If your unit is older, replace it with a new, more energy-efficient model.
- Use fans to help circulate the air in the house.
- Close drapes on sunny days to keep the extra heat out.
Is your AC unit due for a tune-up? Call us for air conditioning repair services in Tyler.
Common Problems With AC Units
When summer heat arrives, it’s inconvenient to have your air conditioner fail. However, occasionally your unit might encounter common issues that require professional repairs. These can include:
- A lack of cold air coming from the system. A professional can examine the unit to determine why.
- The unit is working too hard to get air flowing through your vents. This can cause your monthly utility bills to increase.
- The thermostat is malfunctioning, leaving hot and cold areas around your home.
- There’s moisture leaking around the unit. You should have a professional inspect the leak to determine if it’s water or refrigerant.
Tech will give a quote to replace the kitchen sink faucet and install stops under the sink. And tech will lower the temperature on the water heater. Tech replace the faucet and installed stops under sink. Tech did noticed the water heater is aged and leaking a bit on top of the water heater tech did recommend in replacing the 50gal water heater tech did give a quote as well tech tested faucet and stops and there is no leaks at this time all is working as it should at this time.
Quality H/C Toilet Elongated Bowl With Seat Remove Existing Toilet, Install New Toto Entrada H/C Water Saver 1.28 Gallon Elongated Toilet Install New Toto Entrada H/C Elongated Toilet w/ Seat. Includes new wax ring, bolts, and caps. Haul off old Toilet - call to job because the toilet at the end of the hall on the right was leaking water. Upon inspection of the toilet and area, the tank of the toilet had a hairline crack on the back left side of the tank. This was the source of the. Water leak. Options to repair or replace were given. The maintenance guy Jazmon selected the replacement option. New Toto Estrada toilet installed. Removed old toilet by disconnect the water supply line and removing the hardware holding the toilet bowl to the flange. Clean the area. Install the new toilet and new flex line and test work and function. No leaks and toilet is working properly.
Down dirty evaporator coil not allowing water to flow into drain pan pulled and cleaned coil recommended Esa and for Custer to use different filter for better filtration also found dirty blower wheel recommend pulling and cleaning that as well customer does not want to do it at this time left quote
#no 4 inch vent pipe with the cap glued on. Customer ripped the cap. Gave estimate for vent cleaning.
On arrival homeowner informed that system installed was installed by another company in may. System was not currently keeping up with desired 72 degree set point on thermostat. Found issues with both supply and return plenum not being sized properly for unit. Gap was filled with tape and tape cannot hold for long with the amount of airflow from blower. This system needs a new supply and return plenum installed. I did reseal the unit with tape but over time this tape will fall off again. PSI looked good on system 123/350 at 9.8 degrees sub cooling. Duct system is poor design and needs to be re-done for a 4 ton system. 4 ton system with 2500 square feet to maintain and only 6 supply runs in total in home. 5 return runs going into return plenum. 3 of the return runs are hooked to supply vents in bedroom which is why homeowner isn’t getting airflow out of these vents.