To keep your air conditioner working properly, it’s important to keep it properly maintained and have it repaired at the first signs of an issue. When you need your system serviced by qualified professionals, call our experts at StoneBridge Heating & Air Conditioning for services in Tyler, TX. We offer 24-hour services to get your unit up and running quickly.
A malfunctioning air handler can impact your entire AC unit. Call us for air handler services in Tyler.
Signs Your Air Conditioner Needs Repairs
Don’t risk having your air conditioner malfunction unexpectedly in the middle of summer. Watch for these signs that can indicate you need to schedule professional services:
- Insufficient Airflow: If your house is not cooling to the desired temperature it can signal restricted airflow due to dirty air ducts or clogged filters.
- Leaks: If you notice moisture coming from your unit, it can indicate a leak that needs to be inspected by a professional.
- Foul Odors: If you notice a musty or stale odor when your unit is running, it can signal you need repairs.
Why AC Maintenance Is Important
It’s essential to keep your air conditioner properly maintained to ensure it works properly. Scheduling routine tune-ups provides the following benefits:
- Keeps your unit running efficiently and economically.
- Costs less to operate.
- Provides maximum climate control throughout your home.
- Provides proper indoor air quality.
- Allows small issues to be detected and repaired early before they turn into major problems.
Is it time to finally replace your aging air conditioner? Contact us to learn about our air conditioning installations.
What To Expect During an Air Conditioner Tune-up
Our trusted technicians recommend having your air conditioner serviced by a professional at least once a year. During these routine tune-ups you can expect a technician to perform the following services:
- Check the refrigerant to ensure the right amount is in the system.
- Look for leaks.
- Examine the air ducts for debris or leaks.
- Inspect the evaporator coil to ensure it’s functioning properly and that the right amount of air is flowing through it.
- Check the electric control sequence and make sure the cooling and heating sequences are not operating at the same time.
- Inspect the electric terminals.
- Apply oil to the motors as needed.
- Examine the belts.
- Ensure all components are functioning as expected.